Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Watching the Blogosphere - negative

So, I don't usually take the time to read blogs.

I read mosker, and Thus says Suzanne, and Azi, and I read 32 Flavors, but that's about it.

I confess that I blog as much out of a filial piety as I do out of actual enjoyment. That sounds terrible, perhaps, but I would much rather keep up with people in person, live a real life rather than a virtual one, and maybe turn off the computer once in a while. I want to keep up with Trixie, 'cause I haven't seen her in ten years and mosker is my sister, but lives halfway across the country. Suzanne is so busy that reading her blog is the only way to keep up with her goings on. I encouraged my mother to blog because I thought she would enjoy it and knew that she would have a lot to share after her return from Germany. Now, I wouldn't feel like a very good son if I didn't even read her blog.

I don't want to be thought of, or referred to by people I know, particularly people I've known my whole life, as "Feck, Feckless, or Mr. Feckless."

My name's Ray. My students call me Mr. Newland.

Now, I've gotten started and I can't help but continue.