Saturday, June 2, 2007

Out of the loop


Trixie posted a reference to a tv program which which I was previously unfamiliar, called "Deep House Dish." This program - just knowing it exists - upsets me. It shouldn't, but it does. One more group of addle-pated lame-brains being paid well to make asses of themselves and then subsequently becoming role models for America's youth - for MY students!

Who thought "I Love New York" was a good idea?

Why is "Jerry Springer" still on the air?

Are we really this base, this prurient, in our tastes?

Of course, I calmed down a bit when I realized that "Deep House Dish" is only a recurring SNL skit (I haven't watched the show for years), but, then again, in my experience, SNL doesn't parody things until they've actually seen them. After all, tragically real is funnier than hypothetical.

And simultaneously sadder.