Friday, June 15, 2007

Parkour

Also known as free-running, or yamakasi, this is a big deal with super-athletic youths today, in Paris, London, New York, Rio de Janiero, and elsewhere, I'm sure. I don't really aspire to take it up myself, but I am endlessly impressed with the sport. I think that this should be in the Olympic games. I think that P.E. classes should teach this.

I think this is just too cool.

This video features a few neat moves and seems to focus mainly, if not exclusively on David Belle, one of the creators of the sport. I almost didn't post this, thinking "any of my readers could find this on their own on YouTube if they were interested, so I don't need to foist my interests on them."Then, I realized that foisting one's ideas on others is one of the chief reasons to maintain a blog.

DISCLAIMER: If you don't want me to try to foist my ideas on you, don't visit.