Sunday, June 10, 2007

Commissioned Art

For my Dungeons and Dragons game, Shel made up a cool new PC race for me - a hybridization of a dwarf and a dire (giant) wolverine. I love it. I'm excited to try it out - so much so that I commissioned a sketch of the creature from a professional artist who works a great deal in the gaming industry.I'm not thrilled with the illustration. It's much rougher than I had hoped. The wolverine portion of the body is about half the size it should be. The weapon is too short. Minor details, I suppose, but I'm still disappointed, but only in the illustration, not in the concept. The creature Shel made is still cool and perhaps one day, I'll commission another illustration. This one set me back just $25, and while that's probably the limit of my art budget for the month right now, I can still dream.