Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Blogger Ads

So, one of the features available for addition on to one's blog is AdSense, targeted advertisements visible to all those who view the blog. The promise is that the blogger will be paid for hosting advertisements, but the reality is that I am under no illusions as to how many people actually read my Feckless Ramblings.
I'm not really interested in earning income from this site as I am just intrigued to know what sort of ads would pop up as targeted to readers of this blog.

Would I get D&D ads? I doubt that. I don't really blog much about D&D.
Photo ads? lots of blogs have photos - many better than those found here.
I don't know that this blog has a sufficiently consistent theme to target ads.
I suspect that I would just get generic ads and I would end up having to face the unpleasant reality that I write a generic blog.