Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Long lost friends

Long, long ago, in another life, I had a dear friend. We had long, wonderful conversations until all hours of the night, drinking Pepsi and smoking Marlboros until the sun came up and the drunks had all paired off and passed out.

I have many fond memories of many people I met during that life, but none so fond as those of Trixie. Now, I've tried in vain for years to find her again by more than one name, and through more than one medium, but to no avail. I'm the kind of person to bide my time and not worry too much, and it's paid off again.

Now, my dear friend has found me, through this blog, in fact. What's more, she's married to the love of her life, her soulmate, a good man. I couldn't be happier. I even have a blog to read now, and keep up current event.