Sunday, February 4, 2007

Rhinoplasty and the American Obsession with Adherence to Narrow External Standards of Beauty







People are beautiful.

People have a wide variety of appearances.

These two statements are not contradictory.

I am annoyed that we, as a society seem to feel that beauty must be standardized. Today, I'm going to focus on noses.

Michael Jackson was a handsome young man. Now, he's freaky looking. I will admit, though, that Michael is an exception. He has demonstrated time and again, and in numerous ways, that there must be some question about his psychological well-being. Besides, according to Michael, he's never had a nose job.

So let's look at the hot item of ten minutes ago: TomKat


Katie went from cute as a button to just ordinary.

Finally, the clincher was the first one I ever really noticed: Jennifer Grey she was distinctive and she was beautiful. Now, I don't recognize her photos unless they're labeled with her name. She's beautiful, but ordinary.

If I rant about this again, I'll look at teeth. Look out, Affleck