Monday, August 13, 2007

Olive Cheese Crescents - First Draft

This occurred to me earlier today, so I tried it out tonight and it was a hit.

Slice some black olives.

Open a can of crescent rolls - I used garlic-flavored ones. Open them up and separate out into triangles as directed.

Spread them with cream cheese - as much as I like Garden Vegetable flavored, I used whipped regular cream cheese. It's the same price and it's easier to spread.

Arrange some olive slices on the cream cheese.

Roll up the crescent rolls as directed. Bake as directed.

Enjoy.
Like I said, they were a hit - but, to be honest, I was a little underwhelmed. Next time, I think I'll add some shredded Sargento Mexican Four Cheese Blend, and maybe some Italian seasoning. . .

I'll let you know how it turns out, but if you come up with an innovation, please do share.