Thursday, August 9, 2007

Blogroll


If you've seen more than three blogs in your lifetime, you've seen a blog with a long list of hotlinks down one side - hotlinked words like "Blahg," and "Tootsie's Tongue-Tied Toaster," and "Buble-Gum." You've likely never followed any of these hyperlinks.

That's fine.

Don't feel bad.

I'm convinced that they're not meant to be followed. They're meant to be fallowed. These links are there to recognize friends, business partners, occasional unwanted acquaintances, and people whose blogs the blog author looked at one time. They're there to say "There, there. I'll post a link to your site. Who knows? Someone might read it."

In my quickly evaporating Summer vacation, I've been checking out the blogs in the blogrolls of blogs that I read, including 32 Flavors (a frightfully long bogroll) and mosker (a more reserved and believable one). (Sorry Suzanne and Mom - your lists are positively conservative - it's like you only listed those blogs you actually read regularly.)

Anywho, I've discovered several blogs this way:

Stainless Steel Droppings is written by a voracious reader who is also a thoughtful consumer and reviewer of film - and of the kind of books and film I tend to be interested in.

Bitch Phd. is funny, feminist, free-thinking, foul-mouthed, and lots of other good things that don't start with the letter f. Very thought-provoking.

Best of all, my current new favorite, Blogography. Good photos, funny comics, terrific rants, varied topics and milk-out-your-nose-funny observations. Well-written.