Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
I'm not one for resolutions, but I do like to take natural opportunities for reflection. This has been a big year, with a lot of changes. Next year promises big things, too - more progress toward bigger and better goals. Returning to working with middle schoolers has been better than I expected but the challenges are different than I anticipated. I feel like I'm just getting the hang of relating to these kids again. I hope I'm getting the hang of it, anyway. I must admit that I miss my students. I won't wish away my time, especially not much-needed vacation time, but I'll be glad to see my kids again when vacation is done. Perhaps I won't rush off to find a high school job after all. I like this school, too. I count myself lucky to have found a community interested in working together to help students, and lucky to have found as many students with such big hearts.