Thursday, July 10, 2008

More General Updates

Tomorrow's my last day here at the station. While the bosses are all sorry to see me go, they just don't have an opening for me right now. I have been assured that I'll be the first one called if something suitable opens up, but that doesn't pay the bills so, hopefully, one of the positions I'm being considered for now will materialize. Things look good so far, but I'd rather have chickens to count than the number of an egg hatchery.

On the upside, my computer seems to be working! I got on the phone with a Dell Support Technician named Prosune in Hyderabad who helped me download and install the drivers I needed to make the computer run after installing Windows. Shel's computer seems to be working, too, after much help from her mother, so life on the tech front seems to be looking up for the moment.

I contacted Les Schwab about the hubcaps, and they have them on hand. I might have time one day to pick them up before they close up shop for the night.

I have been busy - super busy - since I arrived in Seattle. It's been a bit overwhelming, but it's also been good. Once we find a place and get settled in here, things will be at least as busy as they have been so far, but they'll be twice as good, too.